Key Features and Benefits
Vortex OpenSplice sets itself apart from other types of messaging technology due to both its advanced features and the non-functional properties it brings to a system. These properties include:
- Data Centric - enabling applications to be designed around an extensible and evolvable data model, promoting end-to-end type safety and time and space efficiency. In addition, data-centricity promotes time and space de-coupling leading to systems that are easier to integrate, evolve and reuse.
- Real-time - the right information is delivered to the right place at the right time, all the time. Failure to deliver key information within the required deadlines can lead to life, mission or business threatening situations.
- Dependable - ensuring availability, reliability, safety and integrity in spite of hardware and software failures.
- High-performance - able to distribute very high volumes of data with very low latencies.
- Scalable - from simple systems to ultra large scale system-of-systems and from smart sensors to high end servers.
- Secure - provides the ability to maintain confidentiality, integrity and authenticity of exchanged data.