The Product Manager is responsible for the product/project planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, and working closely with product development and management, engineering, sales, marketing and technical support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Sales Manager also expands relationships with customers by directing and supporting collaborative sales efforts to grow the designated product lines and implements tactics and strategies for product pricing, promotion, placement, and positioning.
Essential Job Functions (include, but are not limited to the following):
- Responsible for being the business owner for their product(s) line.
- Develop effective marketing, product strategy, and expert domain knowledge of target markets in terms of product offering, technologies and market positioning.
- Collaborate with sales team to develop opportunities to improve sales performance.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer requirements and satisfaction by engaging key customer accounts in conjunction with the sales team.
- Thoroughly answer and prepare all project proposals to be shared with sales.
- Work with sales to ensure customer loyalty and growth that align with corporate revenue goals.
- Periodically issue product specific training materials, roadmaps, customer presentations, technical presentations, sales collateral, etc.
- Research product trends in all applicable verticals, share the data with sales.
- Support Marketing and assist in developing marketing or promotion campaigns, materials and events to promote assigned products.
- Monitor and recommend stocking levels.
- Protect company margin by optimizing price for product configurations for both standard and ODM products.
- Manage customer communication for product changes.
- Attend trade shows, ADLINK own or sponsored events and customer visits to assist in addressing prospective customer questions specific to the product line being managed.
- Identify eco-system partners that can help promote product.
- Provide guidance on product improvement or added features.
- Prepare and publish product line related reports.
- Provide product trainings.
- Occasional travel to territories with sales to meet key accounts.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Computer Science
- Minimum of 5+ years of related experience in product/project management or product engineering.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Teams.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, adaptable and have excellent organizational and planning skills; results oriented.
- Strong time management and interpersonal skills.
Benefits We Offer:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; regularly use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear; and doing things such as analytical work or reports, which requires focus, while utilizing a computer.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment.
- Physical stamina to stand, reach, bend, lift, grasp, and kneel.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Occasion travel to customer location or attend tradeshows/industry events.
- Competitive, company subsidized premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- 100% company paid premiums for Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability insurance.
- Retirement plan with matching contributions.
- Flexible spending plans for health care, dependent care, and commuter benefits.
- Employee Assistance program and Travel Assistance.
- Competitive Vacation and Sick Leave.
- 12 paid holidays including Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Lunar New Year, and Juneteenth.
- Discounts at participating travel, groceries, retail, and other providers via ADP LifeMart.
- EV charging available at our San Jose facility.
- Fun, engaging monthly events and company parties.
- Weekly snacks, fresh fruit services, bagels and donuts on specified days in our San Jose facility and much more!
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and employees shall perform other duties as appropriate. Ampro ADLINK Technology, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Ampro ADLINK Technology, Inc. is an EEO employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Ampro ADLINK Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at 1-800-966-5200.
Ampro ADLINK Technology, Inc.
6450 Via Del Oro, San Jose, CA 95119
Email to ADLINK Career
San Jose, California