Job Purpose :
- To design and implement software programs as required to meet business objectives
- To provide support to Technical Support, Marketing and Sales Teams to aid customer understanding of software implementation
1. Design and implement complex software programs.
2. Follow company delivery guidelines and procedures.
3. Accurately estimate new work packages or remaining effort on an active work package.
4. Produce full range of software development artefacts (source code, design specifications, test specifications, test cases, product documentation, task estimates)
5. Write product documentation in conjunction technical authors.
6. Identify and correct software defects within existing software.
7. Work constructively within a team, with minimal supervision, to deliver results using the Agile methodology. Take guidance and seek advice from senior colleagues when appropriate
8. On occasion lead a small team of engineers
9. Mentor less experienced engineers in the same team.
10. Provide support in terms of training and consulting services to customers, as requested by Sales or Technical Support teams
Skills and experience Required
- At least three year’s post-graduate software development experience
- Proficient in at least one programming language from the list: C; C+ Java; Python
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the tenacity to find solutions
- Strong collaborative skills – able to work effectively across a range of teams and functions
- Communication skills –strong verbal and written English skills
- Well-developed research and analytical skills.
- Experience of DDS development
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- PhD or Masters’ degree in relevant subject
Since we operate across multiple time zones, you may be required to work outside UK office hours. You should be willing to travel globally, occasionally
What ‘s on offer?
Want to know more?
- Our fantastic benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary and Bonus scheme
- 25 days’ holiday, rising to 30 days
- Private Health care and Health Cash Plan
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Lunchtime Yoga sessions
- Social Club
- Career development opportunities
- Informal, flexible, contemporary working environment
- International travel opportunities
Why not apply for this role today, and you could soon be part of the team solving the complex connectivity challenges for Edge IOT and real-world applications. Upload your CV on email@example.com