ADLINK is helping build and innovate the near future of autonomous driving through extensive collaboration with leading industry partners and alliances. Partnering with TIER IV, an open source autonomous driving solution provider, ADLINK and TIER IV now are ready to provide hardware and software integrated turn-key solutions based on Autoware* and ROS 1/2 for visual perception in autonomous driving applications.
TIER IV Automotive HDR Camera (C1/C2)
The camera is one of the key elements in current L2 advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) solutions and L3 and L4 autonomous driving applications of the future. TIER IV has developed automotive HDR camera solutions with software-defined design expertise to achieve optimal performance to provide dependable perception results in a wide variety of difficult sensing environments.
- 120dB HDR, motion artifact mitigation and LED flicker mitigation (LFM)
- High sensitivity for high image quality at night
- Integrated ISP for correction of imaging and lens distortion at the edge to reduce ECU computation load
- Flexible resolution options: C1 2.5Mpix, C2 5.4MPix
- Variety of lens options: 46° to 180° angle of view supported for perception and remote monitoring
- Autoware plug-and-play (ROS 1/2 driver support)
- Guaranteed operating temperature range: -40 to 85 °C
- IP69K dust/water-proof and ingress protection
- 5-axis active alignment process (optical center/tilt/rotation) to adjust lens into proper alignment
- Gigabit Multimedia Serial Link 2 (GMSL2) supports automotive multistreaming and HW/SW triggering
- Compliant with ISO 26262 functional safety level ASIL B* and IATF 16949 automotive quality management system
- High reliability with AEC-Q100 certificated parts
ADLINK Robotic Controller / AI-based Perception ECU (RQX-58G)
ADLINK's RQX-58G is used in TIER IV's capture system as a perception ECU connecting to up to eight cameras to provide essential processed data with time synchronization function for localization and mapping functions. The RQX-58G supports sensor fusion technology for perception tasks including traffic lights and dynamic objects to achieve accurate synchronization of image capture between multiple cameras and other sensors.
- Powered by NVIDIA® Jetson AGX Xavier™ module
- Excellent performance per watt with power consumption as low as 30W
- Comprehensive I/O for connecting a wide range of sensors such as camera, LiDAR, GNSS and IMU
- Integrated ADLINK NeuronSDK to simplify and streamline development; built-in DDS ensures reliability with shared memory to reduce latency
- Supports up to 8 cameras via GMSL 2 connection to provide high-bandwidth and high-speed image data transmission
- Accurate time synchronization of data from various sensors (video cameras, LiDAR, GNSS) for sensor fusion
- 512-core Volta GPU with Tensor Cores for AI image recognition
- Glass-to-glass latency: < 120 ms
- Pre-installed TIER IV C1 camera driver for simplified integration
Sensor Fusion & Synchronization
With the integration of TIER IV's C1/C2 cameras and ADLINK's RQX-58G AI-based Perception ECU, cameras can be trigged and controlled separately and the image data from multiple cameras can be perfectly synchronized with LiDAR data to achieve sensor fusion. Not only can the solution be used for image recognition in perception tasks, but it can also compress and transmit image data for remote monitoring.
Ask An Expert
The integration of TIER IV C1/C2 and ADLINK RQX-58G has been pre-tested, pre-verified and pre-configured, allowing users to develop their visual perception solution without any complex processes, and ensuring accurate imaging results for autonomous driving applications.