We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We may use your Identity and Contact Data to deliver our newsletter, product updates and details on new products to you if you have provided your consent.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or if you provided us with your details when you registered on the ADLINK website and you consented to receiving that marketing.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting our Data Compliance Officer (See Section 12 below) at any time.
6. CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact our Data Compliance Officer.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
7. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- External Third Parties and other organisations that processes data on our behalf.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
8. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
ADLINK is an international company, with affiliates and divisions based outside the European Economic Area (EEA). As part of our business processes, we may process your personal data by undertaking a transfer of data outside the EEA. We may also use service providers who are outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome, which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
9. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
10. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and as well as applicable legal requirements.
11. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct information that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the information we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the information we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to legal protections in respect of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that the Company refuses your request for access. We will provide you with a reason why and you have the right to complain as outlined below.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact our Data Compliance Officer for further details.