Today marks a very special day for the ADLINK IoT Team as we announce that our Vortex Data Distribution Service (DDS) technology is now certified FACE conformant
at the Open Group’s FACE™ Consortium Member Meeting in St. Petersburg, Florida. As someone who has led our DDS business from its infancy 20 years ago, to say I’m proud of our team is an understatement!
The FACE Technical Standard
is a government-industry-academia developed open software standard for making aerospace and defense computing operations more robust, interoperable, portable and secure and allows developers to create and deploy a wide catalog of applications for avionics systems and components. It took a record-breaking 7 months of hard work (the shortest time to-date), a customer whose project is a Department of Defense Program of Record and a team of talented ADLINKers to achieve this milestone.
As the first and only
company to achieve FACE conformance in both C++ and JAVA programming languages for DDS, I think it’s safe to say our Edge IoT software is held to the highest standard. So on this special day, here are my top 5 reasons why ADLINK’s Vortex Data Distribution Service Rocks:
- Plug and Play Connectivity- Vortex DDS is designed with a modular architecture to make it easy to install, update or replace any connected application without disturbing other points of connectivity in the network. Providing automatic discovery between data publishers and subscribers you can re-use the same applications in multiple different scenarios without changing a single line of code and decrease integration costs by up to 50% in comparison to similar technologies.
- Enables machine learning and AI- with pre-built connectors to over 150 protocols and applications, Vortex DDS can stream data real-time to any analytics, AI, or machine learning platform. The only way to generate an ROI on data is to leverage the data as quickly as possible from the time it was created. Shameless teaser for another blog I’m working on titled “The Time Value of Data”, stay tuned!
- Security and control- as a QoS enabled software, Vortex DDS allows for full control over data distribution. You can build real-time systems that prioritize and model the most important and urgent pieces of data. With end-to-end authentication, encryption, and access control capabilities, you can even sell your own data-subscription offerings to create new ways of making money. Yes, really!
- Leading edge computing- backed by ADLINK’s leading edge computing, Vortex DDS makes it simple to leverage, ingest, and compute real-time data at the Edge, where data is created, removing cloud dependency and network latency. Take action and respond to events real-time, even when offline to keep mission-critical operations always running.
- Highest open technical standards- Vortex DDS is based on the mature, proven and open Object Management Group (OMG) DDS standard and is also the first and only DDS technology to achieve the Open Group’s FACE™ conformance certification in both C++ and JAVA programming helping to reduce time, cost, and risk of systems integration.
What’s most important to you when looking at Edge IoT technologies? Congratulations again to our entire ADLINK IoT team!
If you’re interested in learning more about our Vortex DDS technology you can check out our website, contact one of our experts
or of course send me a direct message.
Until next time,