ADLINK Technology, a global leader in edge computing, has launched the ROScube-I with Intel, providing a real-time ROS 2 robot controller for advanced robotic applications. The ADLINK ROScube-I Series is a ROS 2-enabled robotic controller based on Intel®
E, 9th Gen Intel®
i7/i3 and 8th Gen Intel®
i5 processors, and features exceptional I/O connectivity supporting a wide variety of sensors and actuators to meet the needs of a wide range of robotic applications. The ROScube-I supports an extension box for convenient functional and performance expansion with Intel® VPU cards and the Intel®
Distribution of OpenVINOTM
toolkit for computation of AI algorithms and inference.
Robotic systems based on the ROScube-I are supported by ADLINK’s Neuron SDK, our proprietary platform specifically designed for professional robotic applications such as autonomous mobile robots (AMR) and With the newly released ROS 2 Foxy Fitzroy (codename "foxy"), Neuron SDK customers can enjoy the benefits of long-term support (LTS), as well as ADLINK's quality-guaranteed services for ROScube.
The ROScube-I series features:
- High-performance x86-64 mainstream architecture for ROS 2 development
- Comprehensive I/O for connecting a wide range of devices
- Real-time I/O for environmental sensors (CAN, GPIO, COM)
- Real-time middleware for communication between software components and devices
- Hypervisor for safe mission critical mission execution
- Ruggedized, secure connectivity with locking USB ports
- Optional RTOS such as VxWorks
Developers can easily use the ROScube-I Starter Kit or ROScube Pico Development Kit (powered by Intel® CoreTM
, Celeron® and Atom® processors) to rapidly prototype algorithms and immediately deploy them to ADLINK’s NeuronBot ROS 2-based rapid robotic development kit for demonstration. This allows for fast improvement of AI models and acquisition of vision data to optimize operational decision-making. The NeuronBot also supports ADLINK's Neuron SDK to leverage the powerful open source ROS libraries and packages.