We completed acquisition of Ampro Computers, Inc. in the US in 2008. The combination of ADLINK and Ampro created a company with the ability to offer enhanced design, research and development and manufacturing for our embedded computing product offering. We also acquired the LiPPERT Embedded Computers in Germany, as well as PrismTech Inc. and PENTA GmBH which allowed us to offer edge solutions with leading software platforms and tools for the Internet of Things (IoT), industrial internet and advanced wireless communication. We increased shareholding ratio to 85.1% equity in our ADLINK Japan subsidiary.
And we attained Intel® Intelligent Systems Alliance Premier Level, the highest tier of membership to align Intel IoT Alliance technology roadmaps and programs. “Premier members of the Intel Intelligent Systems Alliance collaborate with Intel at the highest level to align our technology roadmaps and programs,” said Troy Smith, Director, Intelligent Systems Alliance at Intel in a press release
. "ADLINK has been elevated to our highest tier of membership for their global product capabilities and market-oriented platforms. Intel looks forward to ADLINK's continued delivery of leading edge solutions.”
And continued delivery of leading edge solutions is what we did.
A new era: leading edge computing 2016 - present
At ADLINK, we know intelligent edge computing delivers business value by:
- Opening up experimentation and innovation – expanding access to available data and computing resources
- Building powerful platforms – using modular, open source components with ease and speed
- Moving to real-time capabilities – taking action when data is most valuable
Our CTO, Angelo Corsaro PhD
, describes it like this:
“Edge computing enables data to be processed closer to where it is produced and can be as far as the device itself. The edge is not a definitive line and should be drawn wherever it is needed by different applications. ADLINK has been one of the driving forces of this new technology…”
We’ve proven we belong at the forefront of technology. In the last five years:
- We’ve embraced open source: ADLINK has become a key contributor and leader within the Eclipse open source community, leading development on projects such as Eclipse Cyclone DDS, Zenoh, fog05 and the Edge Native Working Group; also joining the Sensor Open Systems Architecture consortium and more.
- We’re making robots come alive: ADLINK joined the Robot Operating System (ROS) 2 Technical Steering Committee as well as became a member of the ROS-Industrial Consortium, lending our capabilities to advance innovation in robotics.
- We’re making ‘Autonomous for All’ a reality: we formed an autonomous vehicles alliance with ITRI, Tier IV, Autocore and Autoware to further development in autonomous mobility and ROS 2 based platforms with Edge AI.
- We’ve committed to innovating 5G: joined in 5G-DIVE, aimed at establishing the technical merits and business value of 5G technologies.
- We’ve become thought leaders on all things edge: We were accepted into the Forbes Technology Council, an invitation-only community for world-class CIOs, CTOs, and technology executives, contributing regularly on topics of AI, IoT and robotics.
We formed a strategic partnership with LCD panel maker AU Optronics Corp for building an industrial and commercial AIoT ecosystem. We also set up an AMR joint venture with Foxconn.
With AWS IoT Greengrass, we brought AI to the edge through our IoT smart vision solutions featuring ADLINK’s new generation NEON Smart Cameras. And we moved our market-leading, proven Data Distribution Service to open source as Eclipse Cyclone.
We signed on as an NVIDIA Quadro and Jetson Preferred Partner to accelerate Edge AI deployment, and partnered with with Lenovo to extend IoT and OEM Business Reach.