There are a wide range of SETO-1000 MEC application possibilities.
Reducing backhaul and transmission costs by optimizing the network
- Data caching of video content, gaming, and web content; DNS caching of peer-to-peer applications, and S1 user plane links
- Enabling proxy services at the edge for web proxies, transparent security and VPN proxies and content filtering proxies
- Filtering of URL web addresses for private enterprises being served by the SETO-1000
- Data compression and IPSec at the edge to increase the data flow between the edge and the application server
- Utilization of Deep Packet Inspection to provide content-aware Quality of Service by adjusting specific parameters as required by the application
- Providing personalized advertising, coupons and merchandise offerings from business and venues in close-proximity to users. Geo-targeting of advertisements can offer improved revenue streams for both the operators and local businesses.
- Providing additional data analytics for application providers including real-time monitoring and storage variables not impacting the backhaul
- Geo-targeting services for nearby businesses, improved 911 and emergency services, and management of IoT and transportation devices. These geo-related services lessen the data streaming load and backhaul to remote servers.
- Augmented reality services can provide an overlay of information on mobile devices to improve the user's experience in locating information and services in real-time. By being distributed at the edge, these services reduce latency and improve responsiveness for the user, as well as reducing backhaul traffic.